Very rare version of this lens, one of only 600 made.
This Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm Sonnar was fully restored by us.
The services include:
– Full CLA
– Ultrasonic cleaning of all mechanical parts
– Polishing of the metal parts/ oxidation removal
– New font work
– New synthetic (low-outgassing) greases in the helicoid and aperture control
– LTM to M Bayonet, 6-bit Coded
– A complimentary front 40.5mm chrome filter is included
– Front push on metal Zeiss cap
– Rear plastic M cap
Optics: Very good condition for age, a few minor coating/ cleaning marks. The usual micro air bubbles inside the glass (due to it being the war-era schott glass formula). The lens is rather sharp also compared to other Sonnars we’ve worked on, it represents a good optical specimen of this formula, with the famous multi-coated T lens coatings.
Mechanics: Excellent, retain much of their luster and polish. One of the best condition vintage collapsible CZJ lenses.
History: Carl Zeiss Jena had designed a collapsible LTM version of their famous 5cm Sonnar for Leica RF usage towards the end of WW2. The design was a short run, and not many copies exist in the wild, let alone in excellent condition. The optics in the lens were dated to around 1941. The body is most likely from 1944-1946, and would have reused some of the earlier made optical blocks at that time. This lens is more of a collectors item since so few of these LTM mount collapsible Sonnars exist.